Thursday, July 18, 2013

Tanasia: Work hard and never give up



I feel the leather and elastic of the jazz shoe on my foot. I can see the numbers pinned on their chests. I can hear every heart in this room racing including mine. I can taste the anxiety bouncing around the room. I smell the funk from everybody sweating. The hardest thing I've ever done was audition for The Academy at my dance school.

First, let me tell you what The Academy is at my dance school. It is the elite performing group that competes and does special performances during the year. To get in you have to do a solo audition. I had to make up a dance and it took a long time and was very difficult. I got stumped, frustrated, and sad. The night of the audition I was very nervous but went in there and did my best and they said I did a good job.

To get into The Academy you also have to do a group audition. The problem is I was sick that day and I almost threw up at school. I got sent home from school because I was too sick but I still went to the group audition that evening. We had to do ballet and jazz.  The hardest part was the jazz. In the end none of my very hard work paid off because I didn’t even get in The Academy. But I can always try again! Don't give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment