Friday, August 2, 2013

Tanasia's famous burgers




I can do something that most kids can't do. I can cook. I mean I can cook dinner, not just eggs or using a microwave, but dinner!

I learned how to cook when I was seven years old. My grandfather taught me over summer vacation. I go on summer vacation with him and my grandmother every year so I'm still learning. But I learned the most when I was seven. It took me a few months to get comfortable with the fire and constant grease popping (like when you cook bacon) but you get comfortable eventually.

To help you learn to cook, I'll give you my special burger recipe that I've used since the first time I ever made burgers on my own. It was a Saturday night when I was home bored with my mom and we were hungry. She didn't feel like cooking so I decided to make us some dinner. Another time my mom didn't feel like cooking, I actually cooked fried chicken and mixed vegetables all by myself! Mom said it was good. She liked when I made the burgers, too. When I made them, this is what I did:

Tanasia's Special Burger Recipe

You'll need:
- seasoning salt
- pepper
- ground beef
- frying pan
- vegetable oil
- hamburger buns


To do:
- Grab a ball of meat and form into a patty. Continue until you have enough patties for everybody.
- Shake on some seasoning salt and pepper then rub it in.
- Heat frying pan with a little bit of vegetable oil.
- When you think it is hot enough, flick a tiny drop of water to see if it sizzles. If it does put the patties in the pan and let it fry.
- Stick a fork in the meat after 5-10 minutes on each side to see if it is done.
- If it's ready, put on a bun and enjoy!

P.S. Don't forget to add ketchup or cheese or whatever you like on your burger. I like barbecue sauce and pickles on mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment